In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic; while many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety, dental excellence and patient comfort.
Your health and well-being are always our highest priority. We are continually staying up to date with CDC guidelines and implementing new safety protocols relative to the ever-changing pandemic. We are now requiring our patients to show us either proof of vaccination OR proof of a negative PCR test result, effective August 30, 2021.
specific information to help make these safety requirements as easy as possible for you:
• Proof of vaccination: You can simply show us your vaccination record card or here is the link to California’s quick fill-in form that provides you with a QR code for your vaccination record. Please take a screen shot of the QR code for easy retrieval when you arrive.
Get your QR code here: https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/
• COVID-19 test: This must be a 24-hour PCR test. Please note: At-home test kits are not acceptable. You must be tested within 72 hours of visiting our office and bring us a copy of your negative test result.
The only exceptions to these new requirements are children under 12 years of age who have no symptoms.
When you visit our office, masks are still required and temperatures will continue to be taken before you enter our office.
This extra step in vaccination proof or a negative test will help ensure a safe environment for all of us. In addition, it’s important to us that you know the steps we have already taken to keep our office safe:
• Our staff is fully vaccinated
• We continue to wear the best equipment available to protect us all during your visit with us.
• We continue to fog the rooms with hypochlorous acid and our air filters run throughout the day.
Thank you for trusting us to do all we can to keep you and our staff as healthy as possible during these unusual times!
We follow and exceed infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of the agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
In an effort to continue to protect our patients and staff, we have made some updates. Some changes you can expect to see when it is time for your next appointment are:
- We are now requiring our patients to show us either proof of vaccination OR proof of a negative PCR test result
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some throughout our office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s books, toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have installed: Blue Air HEPA air filtration units in each operatory/reception area. Our ability to scrub the air for pathogens is 5 times what is recommended.
- Installation of Extra-Oral suction units with dual HEPA filters for collection & decontamination.
- Face masks are worn at all times along with face shields and gloves as needed.
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces after any type of appointment.
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use.
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces with an autoclave; a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.